Our professional services team works closely with veterinary practices of various structures and sizes.
Our professional services team works closely with veterinary practices of various structures and sizes. This has led to a detailed understanding of the business of veterinary practices, making us well placed to advise and assist you on the requirements of your practice and business. This includes:
- Advising on your business structure: sole trader, company, partnership or limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Drafting shareholders’ agreements with tailored articles of association (satisfying any regulatory requirements), partnership agreements and LLP agreements together with appropriate income distribution arrangements
- Incorporation of sole traders and partnerships to companies or LLPs
- Practice sales, purchases and mergers
- Funding and financing your business
- Admission or appointment of a new shareholder, partner or member (for example, appointment of an equity or fixed share/salaried partner)
- Retirement or removal of an existing shareholder, partner or member (whether voluntary or otherwise)
- Advising new shareholders, partners or members on the terms offered to them
- Dispute resolution between shareholders, partners or members
- Constitutional and governance matters including (for directors and, where appropriate, members) compliance with the Companies Act 2006
- Regulatory advice regarding your profession including compliance review and related disciplinary matters (RCVS)
- Protecting your practice using restrictive covenants and injunctions
- Drafting employment contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures
- All other employment and human resource related issues
- All issues in relation to the property needs of your practice and you personally
- Intellectual property rights and their use and protection.
For a no obligation and confidential discussion about how we may be able to assist you in relation to your requirements, please contact us. We know you are busy professionals and our professional services team will always make time to talk and/or meet with you outside of your core practising hours.