Our team specialise in key disciplines and are well placed to advise on all aspects of the medical profession.
Our professional services team has gained specialist knowledge in the medical sector having worked closely with professionals in the medical profession over a number of years. We have advised doctors, dentists, GPs and providers of specialist medical treatment and services to both the private and public sector on a broad range of legal and contractual issues. With our professional services team specialising in various disciplines, we are well placed to advise on all aspects of work relating to your profession.
GPs and providers of Specialist Medical treatment
Recent changes in the NHS place GPs and Specialists in the front line of health service provision and healthcare in the community. Recognising the special, but also vulnerable, position that you are in, our professional services team can help you in relieving some of the pressures of your work load. Advice includes:
- Advising on your business structure: sole trader, company, partnership or limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Drafting shareholders’ agreements with tailored articles of association (satisfying any regulatory requirements), partnership agreements and LLP agreements together with appropriate income distribution arrangements
- Incorporation of sole traders and partnerships to companies or LLPs
- Practice sales, purchases and mergers
- Advising on NHS/PCT contracts, whether as a lead provider of services or sub-contractor
- Admission or appointment of a new shareholder, partner or member (for example, appointment of an equity or fixed share/salaried partner)
- Retirement or removal of an existing shareholder, partner or member (whether voluntary or otherwise)
- Advising new shareholders, partners or members on the terms offered to them
- Dispute resolution between shareholders, partners or members
- Constitutional and governance matters including (for directors and, where appropriate, members) compliance with the Companies Act 2006
- Regulatory advice regarding your profession including compliance review and related disciplinary matters (GMC and HPC)
- Protecting your practice using restrictive covenants and injunctions
- Drafting employment contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures
- All employment and human resource related issues
- All issues in relation to the property needs of your practice and you personally
For a no obligation and confidential discussion about how we may be able to assist you in relation to your requirements, please contact us. We know you are busy professionals and our professional services team will always make time to talk and/or meet with you outside of your core practising hours.