Our professional services team acts for law firms of various sizes and different business mediums.
With the increasing pressures on lawyers ranging from SRA compliance to commoditisation, the ever-changing legal market requires you to balance your business finances, manage your staff (and peers) and maintain a compliance framework. All of this can lead to significant time away from the business of providing legal services and can have a consequential effect on the efficiency and profitability of your practice.
Our professional services team acts for law firms of various sizes and different business mediums. We provide a full array of advice, solutions and service which will allow you to concentrate on other aspects of your practice. These include:
- Advising on your business structure: sole trader, company, partnership or limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Drafting shareholders’ agreements with tailored articles of association (satisfying SRA requirements), partnership agreements and LLP agreements together with appropriate income distribution arrangements
- Incorporation of sole traders and partnerships to companies or LLPs
- Practice sales, purchases and mergers
- Admission or appointment of a new shareholder, partner or member (for example, appointment of an equity or fixed share/salaried partner)
- Retirement or removal of an existing shareholder, partner or member (whether voluntary or otherwise)
- Advising new shareholders, partners or members on the terms offered to them
- Dispute resolution between shareholders, partners or members
- Constitutional and governance matters including (for directors and, where appropriate, members) compliance with the Companies Act 2006
- Regulatory advice regarding your profession including compliance review and related disciplinary matters (Law Society, SRA and Legal Ombudsman)
- Protecting your practice using restrictive covenants and injunctions
- Drafting employment contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures
- All other employment and human resource related issues
- All issues in relation to the property needs of your practice and you personally
For a no obligation and confidential discussion about how we may be able to assist you in relation to your requirements, please contact us. We know you are busy professionals and our professional services team will always make time to talk and/or meet with you outside of your core practising hours.