As a professional firm, our duty is to support our clients through the bad as well as the good times.
The role of our specialist insolvency and corporate recovery lawyers is to identify and then implement client specific commercial solutions and strategies that legally work. Our expertise is used not only by those directors and businesses experiencing financial pressures, but also by clients that are involved with such businesses (such as insolvency practitioners), those who are looking to invest in or acquire a fundamentally good business that is in distress and those who are creditors of distressed businesses.
Our experts provide practical and commercial advice on a wide range of issues in this area of the law including the following:
- Directors’ duties including advice regarding wrongful and fraudulent trading
- Claims against directors including breach of duty and misfeasance claims
- Director disqualification proceedings
- Acquisitions and disposals of insolvent businesses
- Insolvent property transactions
- Retention of title claims
- Enforcement of debts and security
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Administrations including “pre-pack” transactions
- Re-financing and re-organisation of insolvent businesses
- Debt for equity swaps
- De-mergers and reconstructions
- Employment issues which are relevant to recovery transactions